Bookshelf or Tower

I am in the hunt for new noise makers.
I have budget of about 5K.

I love good 2 channel imaging and play a variety of music at low to medium volumes as wife hate loud music.

I currently own Paradigm Studio 20 v.5 but want something with a bigger sound.

I am considering: Paradigm S2's, BW 805d but then I think at those price levels I could get floorstanders but I don't see why the floorstanders cost so much more. So confused.

My set up is Bryton 4B SST amp, Bryston BP 20 preamp and a modwrighted Sony DVP9000ES.
photonman
What do you like and dislike about the current sound you have? What are you after? More bass might bother the wife more. I went from studio 10's, to 20's, to 60's, back to 20's, to vandersteen 2ce, to my current kef qx5's. if I could do it all over again, I would have stopped at the firdt pair of 20's, or the 60's and at that point, I would have spent me money in absorption panels, diffusors, bas traps, power cords, different interconnects, isolation footers for my equipment, (my lightspeed attenuator, which I did buy and love), etc.

My point is, in a room with that much reflectivity (hardwood, tile), you'll get more results treating your room first. When I started changing speakers like crazy, they all sounded unfulfilling because my room was so awful, and I didn't like my preamp.

The Paradigm studio series are actually really nice speakers and are really wrll built. Your' 20's sound great with a sub also. I've pulled those speakers apartand they are quality cabinents and drivers. Another thought is to spend $200-$300 paying someone who is qialified, to upgrade your crossovers. Think long and hard about ditching the digms because they are good speakers. Knock on the side of the cabinent and listen to how solid the cabinent is.

With all of this in mind, if you do upgrade look at a used pair of Tyler acoustics. I think you would be happy with the system II's for sale here. Take your time, think about some room treatments and take your time. Oh, did I say, take your time?

Ps, sorry about the spelling, I'm in a rush this morning. You can private message me also if you'd like to get some more input about your 20's :-)
Post removed 
I love the detail and imaging of my studio 20's, it was surprising to hear instruments here and over there in the room. what I don't like is thinking that I have left some more of that good stuff on the table by not spending more as I will have these speakers for a while and this is the first pair of speakers I have bought as I have been using my parents hand-me-down snell e-III's for almost 18 years until the drivers finally fell apart.

B Limo, I private messaged you (I think) not sure if I had technical difficulty or if that is just the way this site works.

some good stuff in the buying forum I see too

thanks all!
I agree that a 3-way is the only way :) Gosh,did not know what I was missing.

So went to audition speakers yesterday and today. Ended up at the Paradigm, B&W, Aerial and Wilson dealer.

To mimic my setup we used an Anthem P2 amp, Ayre pre, Naim CDP with transparent cables all around. First we listened to my Studio 20's and they were good. then the Signature S2's and they were really good and then the 805D and they were really really good and detailed but then at that price point, I was curious about towers. Listened to Paradigm S6 and Tributes. I have to say I am biased to the looks of the Paradigm stuff, especially the signature cabinets are very sexy.

once I heard the towers it was clear to me the shortcomings of a bookshelf and the sound I am seeking came from the towers. So after two days of audition sessions, I ended up putting a deposit down on the signature S6's. They are very sleek and will look great in my room.

They gave me full paid value for my 3 month old studio 20 trade-in plus 10% off retail of the S6's. Not bad considering I did not purchase the studio 20's from them.

Funny though each day I came home and listened to my system and I thought the studio 20's sounded great and better on my system than on the store's setup. hmmmm...
Photonman, congrats on the s6's!! I'm jealous...
And, your studio 20's probably do sound better in your home, just as I suspect the s6's will too. Same thing happens to me also, people here will argue that it's mostly about the room differences but I think it's more than that.
I am also a fan of floorstanding speakers but I will always have a place in my heart for bookshelf speakers also, as they were my first love.
Anyways, good to know that you are a fan of berrylium also, just don't lick the tweeters ;-)