Monitor close to the wall to replace Allison 4s

I have to have speakers against the wall in my office, so I have the second edition Allison 4s (2002), which are pretty impressive speakers. I am bi-amping them with 2 TAD 60s with EL 34s and they sound very good, but I wonder if a newer generation of speaker, thinking of Joseph RM7XL, Kitty Kat Revelator, Harbeth P3 ESR, The Clue or any other suggestions, would give better resolution, transparency and imaging? Can I improve significantly on the Allison 4s with a budget of $2500? Thanks!
springbok10
Denis, if there are any connections between the high frequency and low frequency binding posts on the back of the speaker they should be removed. Speakers having separate pairs of binding posts for the high and low frequency sections of the speaker often come with a metal "jumper" that connects the two red terminals together, and another metal jumper connecting the two black terminals together. For biamping, those jumpers (or any wires that may be making similar connections) should be removed. If they are left in place, yes, you are paralleling.

You are not biwiring, though, which involves the same kinds of connections as biamping at the speaker end (with the jumpers removed), but drives both sets of cables and both sections of the speaker from a single amplifier channel, rather than from separate amplifier channels.

Regards,
-- Al
Al, I am both paralleling and biwiring, since each amplifier channel is driving both hi and low pass terminals- exactly as though they still had jumpers in place! But I will change that and not have any connection between the high pass and low pass terminals any longer.
Ok, I see what you are saying, Denis. I hadn't understood the reference to 4 runs of single cable. So you are biwiring to each speaker from the outputs of each of the two channels of the amplifier that is dedicated to that speaker. As you say, that amounts to both paralleling and biwiring.

A number of people have reported here that paralleling speaker cables (as opposed to amplifier channels) has resulted in some improvement in sonics, in their systems. So connecting two of the runs between the low frequency speaker terminals and one channel of the amplifier, and connecting the other two runs between the high frequency speaker terminals and the other channel of the amplifier, would seem to be worth trying, and might produce results that are at least slightly better than biamping with just two runs in total.

Regards,
-- Al
Yes, Al, that is what I am doing and in fact do double runs of Clear Day and Acoustic Zen in my home system as well (to combine silver and copper) and get a lot more air around the top end. Sorry that I have got off topic here, but appreciate your help and your suggestion, Mike. Back to the OP: So what about the Joseph RM7XL?