'Holographic Sound Stage?'

Well, please tell me what this is exactly? It seems to be the seeing of what we are hearing - fingers on instrument.. lip shapes.. air around the body - even how tall and how fat!! When had we had heard 'holographic sound stage' in real life other then between our own HI-END speakers?
luna
Would have to agree...speakers need to come out in the room to really achieve this with any DEPTH(another thread topic)...and larger, full range models probably have an advantage in terms of still producing bass...that's why ive never been a horn guy...they need to be in corners for any semblance of bass...so long depth of image...
"Electricity: If you can, get dedicated lines. Plug right
into hospital grade outlets from home depot. The fact is the outlet you are plugged into now might be going through 5 other outlets and dirty connections first with thin 14 gauge wire. Get a dedicated 10 gauge line to the room. Huge
difference. I promise you that you won't need a line
conditioner and it will sound better without one."

I wholeheartly agree with this Kacz and it is exactly what I did many years back when I moved the system into it's current location after the previous room did not work regardless of what I tried. It does make a difference. Interestingly enough several months back when I was auditioning new cables to go with a new speaker system I came upon cabling that just brought things to a different level in among other things most notably a more coherent and natural presentation of the music. I was intrigued enough to call the manufacturer and speak with him about the design. When I told him I had installed 10 ga romex into a dedicated 4-gang outlet I was told that I should use no more than what is required by the current demand of the components and that 10 ga is overkill and will affect the sound, keep the electrons as close as possible? Oh, the world of physics, will we ever fully understand only other than what our ears tell us? In any case, for electricity supplying power, his answer seemed counterintuitive to me, still does but it SURE works well for transfering a music signal.
Holographic imaging is impressive when you hear it, but over the years I've come to appreciate that live music doesn't sound like that. I listen mostly to classical and have been to a number of concerts at Boston Symphony Hall. From roughly the middle of the orchestra seating section, I never hear anything that sounds like the holographic soundstage that I get from some audio systems. In fact many "audiophiles" who never go to live concerts in a real concert hall would probably be shocked.

Yes, pinpoint imaging and a deep three-dimensional soundstage are nice, but I don't consider these things top priorities for my enjoyment of music.
"Holographic imaging is impressive when you hear it, but over the years I've come to appreciate that live music doesn't sound like that. I listen mostly to classical and have been to a number of concerts at Boston Symphony Hall. From roughly the middle of the orchestra seating section, I never hear anything that sounds like the holographic soundstage that I get from some audio systems. In fact many "audiophiles" who never go to live concerts in a real concert hall would probably be shocked."

I hate to judge before all the facts are but it appears we have one solid reason why home audio is superior to live unamplified music.