Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
Not trying to hijack, but I have to ask about the ATI amp.

Bob, how would you rank the ATI amps as compared to higher end amplifiers. I'm asking because I've seen some really good deals on the 1202 model and really not having much experience with them, just dismissed them, apparently out of ignorance.
After Bob's mention of the ATI amps, it kind of made something click in my head. I mentioned the NAD because that's what I started out with and many have had good luck with them.

Still, as mentioned by many, there is a lot of good stuff to be had used.

Just remember to be smart when buying and try to stick to reputable sellers. In any case, a quick search on ebay showed an ATI 1502 and an Aragon 2004 for sale. Either can be had for $400.

I don't know about the ATI stuff, but I've been running an Aragon 2004 for a while now and I really love it. It's rated at 100 wpc at 8 ohms and 200 wpc at 4 ohms. I don't think it's ever broken a sweat with anything that I've hooked up to it.
ATI is very good, so is Aragon. I don't like Adcom at all, really. I'd take just about any good amp over Adcom.
Post removed 
Bob, I appreciate the information. Personally, I'm a bang for the buck type of guy and have found that amplification is one of those areas where you can find some really good deals on oldish equipment.