Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
Paradigm speakers - its hard to tell. They are not bad, I know this is not right term: but they sounded kind a "muddy" and flat. Just didn't grab me. I liked KEF Q700 much better even though they were in lower price range then Paradigm.
I am sure Paradigm are fine speakers, the way they sound just didn't grab me. They also were missing lows.
Best bet here are the Tekton Lores. If you want to save some money M-Lore is an excellent choice.
Hi there,the b@w p6 are easy to drive and sound excellent.They should sound alright with your amp,throw in a good speaker cable and interconnect,you're doing it, imo.
Hi there,well I definately stopped this thread in its tracks.How did you go,should I say what speaker are you thinking of.For me book shelf speakers are good for a small space,and then add a sub if you move to a bigger room.The p6 speakers are nice,probably good for a medium room,with the nautilus tweeter on top,they have good musical ability,but are getting on in age now,not that that is too much of a worry.Anyway welcome,there are worse things you can spend your money on.My current speaker that Im using is a kef ls50,and is pretty good,they suit my needs at the moment.
4zoranss: Look into the JBL ES90s. You can now get them for $500 a pair. They're a lot of speaker for the money.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/Search_Browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=ES90BK&status=