Modwright Oppo 105

I received my Modwright Oppo 105 today. It sounds good, but is relatively lean - and not very extended - in the bass. The sound overall is missing a fullness and organic quality that I associate with tubes as well. I have been using an Exemplar modified Denon 3910 for years, and so far I prefer it. Naturally, I am quite surprised and disappointed so far. I will be patient and put more hours on it, of course. I am very familiar with "break-in." Dan burned it in for 72 hours or more, but I have only put another 5 hours or so on it so far.

Has anyone else had this reaction/experience? Maybe it is the Electro-Harmonix tubes, and I need to try something else? I am also wondering about Dan's use of silver wiring. Thanks for any thoughts you have.

jfz
Good news: After what I estimate to be about 110 hours of total burn-in (72 hours before shipment, 40 hours by me), I have "real" bass - more full and textured; better tonality, etc. I also have natural mid-range richness, much better dynamic range, and improved high frequency articulation and smoothness. I am much happier!!

Thank you everyone.

p.s. This is after both the extra burn-in AND switching the leads (connections) on one spsaker.(fixing the out-of-phase brought immediate improvement).
Hi, I'm the other customer in Seattle that received a
ModWright OPPO out of phase. I noticed immediately that
something was not right. After trying different tubes I had on
hand and letting it burn in overnight it still sounded very
diffuse and well out of phase. I tried the unmoded outputs and
they sounded normal so I knew it had something to do with the
mod. I called Dan the next day and explained what I was
hearing and he instructed me to swap speaker leads on one
speaker and report back. Sure enough that did the trick. Now
it sounds very good. I'm sending it back tomorrow to be
repaired. Dan has been a pleasure to work with and is covering
all the costs of shipping. We all make mistakes. The sign of a
good business person is how they handle solving them when they
occur.
I'm surprise the problem wasn't caught in the 72 hours burn-in or QC if so obvious.
Hi Dan,
Thank you for your post! I have complete faith this will be taken care of promptly. In the meantime, I have been enjoying the sound since changing the speaker leads and putting more time on the player.

From one imperfect human to another,
John
I'm getting mine back Monday. I wonder if anyone has tried the Sophia rectifiers in the ModWright power supply? I really like the Sophia 6SN7's and wonder if their rectifier is as good? Right now my favorite rectifier is a RCA 5U4G from the 50's.