Is the Bryston BDP-1 worth $$$ over Apple TV

Help needed for a new-bee! I am considering the purchase of a used digital player. Is the Bryston BDP-1 worth the investment over the sound quality and convenience of Apple TV. All of my music is in the Apple lossless format. I have been struggling with this question for weeks! Help is seriously needed.
mike101
Another vote for Bryston BDP-1. I was anti-computer audio, but saw this unit and bought it. Never looked back. Once set up, easy to use, sound is outstanding through a respectable DAC, now has NAS capability, and storage is cheap! Control it with my iPad or iPhone. Audio life is good!
Nglazer

Yes I agree with you. The Bryston team is working on a new optical drive,called BOT-1 that will rip and store your music and pass it to BDP-1/BDP-2 .

Cheers
George
That will save a step, George. I would be a potential customer. Sounds like the Memory Player.

Neal
Yioryos

The new Bryston disc drive will only interface with the BDP-2, and is not compatible with the older -1.

Got this from Tanner at Bryston the other day, as I am looking at aquiring a BDP (to replace a PSA PWT) myself.
More of my music played on BDP-1 is downloaded than ripped from CD, so not worth the cost to me. Maybe one day they will make an all-in-one unit!

Neal