How much would an additional motor help

Just wondering what advantages there would be?
128x128blueranger
Blueranger, is it possible to leave one motor powered off so it serves as an idler? That is if the idle motor doesn't drag down the live one. Just curious if the extra torque is the difference or if it is the additional coupling.
Dear Blueranger: Maybe it's time that I re-evaluate in my system those two motors and the Tonywinsc wise advise.

Good that you had and have an improvement.

Regrads and enjoy the music,
R.
Blueranger, did you have a chance to check if the platter speed changed with two motors? And how are the two motors positioned relative to the platter. Very interesting results and thank you for posting your findings.
The height difference of pullys is about 1/8" inch. I have a KAB strobe but havent checked it yet. What is there on market reasonably priced that would check speed stability? Test record? Piano decay? Motor noise is less than before and speed stability has improved hence the purer tonality Im experiencing. More motors more speed stability in my case with less noise. I will try one motor sometime and check results one day. I dont doubt your opinion Stringeen. Could you tell me which brands you observed the increased noise on and was the turntable on a rock solid base and how old was the motors? The new AS motors are very quiet.