How much would an additional motor help

Just wondering what advantages there would be?
128x128blueranger
The height difference of pullys is about 1/8" inch. I have a KAB strobe but havent checked it yet. What is there on market reasonably priced that would check speed stability? Test record? Piano decay? Motor noise is less than before and speed stability has improved hence the purer tonality Im experiencing. More motors more speed stability in my case with less noise. I will try one motor sometime and check results one day. I dont doubt your opinion Stringeen. Could you tell me which brands you observed the increased noise on and was the turntable on a rock solid base and how old was the motors? The new AS motors are very quiet.
Are the two motors positioned 180 degrees from each other and the same distance from the platter or are they in some other configuration?
There are plenty of theoretical reasons why extra motors is a bad idea, but, since you have an opportunity to hear the result, don't worry at all about them. I have no idea if that difference alone has a positive or negative result.

What I do know is that I heard great sound - very dynamic and incisive sound from a three motor machine: the big table from Audionote. It had three huge power supplies for the motors that made it impractical for my system so I passed on the opportunity to own one at a decent price.