Gyrodec vs Well Tempered Amadeus

I presently own a MKII version of the Gyrodec bought as a demo unit in 1990 with RB300 tonearm upgraded with Techno Weight. The only mods to the Gyrodec are new two piece towers, nylon spacers for arm board and black tak under the skeleton. I use a Blackbird cartridge.

My question is, would a WT Amadeus sound better than what I already have using the same cartridge. Or would i be better off fully upgrading the Gyrodec with new DC motor, plater bearing and Graham 2.2 tonearm?

Upgrade cost about $1500 plus about $1500 for used Graham arm. So about same price as a new WT Amadeus.

Thanks.
hartonr
I agree that if you are upgrading the Gyrodec, then I'd upgrade a tonearm first. Another option might be something like an Audiomods arm.

But if possible, as always, I'd recommend auditioning both if possible. The Amadeus has a very strong following, with some folks preferring it to a VPI Classic for instance.

Any chance you'd be able to get an audition?
I live in the Los Angeles area, anybody know where I could audition a WT Amadeus? Any volunteers?
If your considering the Amadeus just remember they are built by Opera Audio in China. For the near cost of the Amadeus you could look into the Opera Audio Consonance Flagship-Droplet LP 5.0mk2.
For the WTA, call Mike Pranka at Dynavector USA. He can tell you if there is a dealer in the area.

I also think that the Townshend distributor is in the LA area, you could audition that, and use your Rega arm with it for the time being. I upgraded from the WTA to a Rock with a Rega 300
Pitch Perfect in San Francisco is a WT dealer. He is in the process of a relocation to LA. Matt takes great care of his customers. His reputation speaks for itself.