Sound room flooring advice needed

I'm planning a remodel of my family room, which is on a concrete slab, currently covered with 50-year-old linoleum. I'll be installing engineered hardwood flooring.

What installation method is better for sonics, glue-down or floating? My main audio system resides in this space, doing double-duty as a 2.0 home theater. I listen to vinyl 90% of the time, so I'm also a bit concerned that floating could introduce footfall issues.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bill
wrm57
I worked at a movie sound stage a few years ago and they used the most beautiful leather flooring. The room sounded incredible. For example:

http://www.meridameridian.com/leather-flooring/
Tried several of the above in the past. The floating floor is a poor option for
a music room. Best so far is cork tiles glued directly to the concrete. If the concrete is too rough to glue direct, there are several concrete based underlayments that can be used to smooth the base for the cork. Leather could work too.
My room is also on concrete. A carpet and pad sound wonderful, very natural acoustics.
Regards,
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I'm coming to the conclusion that glue-down is the way to go. My own concerns about resonance from floating have been confirmed by several of you.

My wife is not a fan of wall-to-wall carpeting, so that's out, even though I know it would be good for sound. So I'll use a huge, thick area carpet on a jute pad to soak up some reflections. I considered cork flooring and even brought in samples, but I think it'll be too soft for the long haul. Looks cool, though, and I'm sure it would be an excellent choice for sonics.

Thanks again,
Bill
I was doing the same research when I was building my music room. Ultimately, I decided on stranded click bamboo for the floor because of its hardness compared to other woods
http://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Xiamen-Click-Strand-Bamboo-Morning-Star-Click-PRQCBAMSTX5/10024105

I opted to go with a floating floor because with the vapor barrier and then the weight of the equipment on top of the floor, I never noticed any issues with resonances from the floor. My speakers are 285 pounds each, amps are 115 pounds each, turntable stand is 225 pounds, music rack is sand weighted and is also 175 pounds, with the equipment on both, the turntable and equipment stands, there is very little to be worried about resonance from the floor interaction, due to the mass. I did add carpet under the racks and speakers so as not to scrape the floors and to further isolate the equipment from the floor.
Ciao
audioquest4life