I'm studying MIT cables

How MIT ranking their articulation poles? I'm so confused; I need help. When I first bought an old pair Magnum M3 RCA, I was told that these were 12 poles and suppose to be higher than AVTs, CVTs and Shotguns but now I find that some of them are actually equal or even higher than the my old M3?
For example, CVT Terminator-1 RCA (12 poles), AVT MA RCA(16 poles) and the current Shotgun S1.3 (12 poles)

I really like how MIT cables sound, love'em actually, so please educate me which is actually better than my M3? I'm looking to upgrade in near future. Thanks all.
128x128nasaman
Is there a white paper or some reasonable explanation of what those MIT boxes are trying to do, without getting overly technical? I would love to understand this better also.
My understanding from having read some of the MIT literature a while back is that in general more poles are better, similar to how more bands on a graphic equalizer is better, ie each has to deal with less bandwidth. How many is enough or how much better? I haven't a clue.

FWIW I like my inexpensive Terminator 2 and 3 ICs a lot. I prefer the midrange energy and top to bottom coherency of my DNM Reson ICs over the MITs in my main system generally however.
I'll admit to being a speaker cable skeptic, but at most the "box" is applying some type of filter to "color" the sound in a particular way (i.e. think Flowmaster mufflers where they all have a characteristic sound).

In theory, no cable is the best cable so I'm not sure what science they could possibly use to suggest that a powered "box" could result in an unaltered signal.