glam rock fans?

Sometimes it takes something like a movie to jog some old music memories loose & reignite an old love for something like glam rock. for me it was "life aquatic" and the soundtrack took me back to my youth & those great ($3.99) albums like Mott the Hoople, Mott...Iggy, Raw Power...Alex Harvey, Live....TRex, Electric Warrior...Bowie, Spiders...NY Dolls...Sweet & Slade, sorry can't remember the titles anymore. I've got the itch to get some of that stuff again unfortunately it'll be on CD for convenience & simplicity sake this time. Hopefully the recordings aren't too bad. any recommendations? btw cool movie... thanks & cheers!
128x128pehare
rottenclam,

Ok now i can enjoy my weekend. I totally agree as far as the bands that were "manufactured" by the industry itself. I still dont remember driving home from the Ultimate Sin tour @ Stabler Arena in 86. Love all that stuff. Even though the wife and 3 kids make it hard, concerts are still my thing. Priest, Maiden, Wylde, etc. BUT i have to admit and i am not embarrassed to (well i dont think i am) put on my Cinderella shirt for a show. 80s LA music scene is kind of a hobby of mine. Dont laugh:)..My wife does..If you ever get a chance Hollywood Rocks is a pretty good read re the entire scene..But if you put some Larry Carlton, or Stanley Clark i'm there too...

At least i can debate in this forum. I feel like a 5th grader talking to Harvard Grads in the others.

This is good stuff...Have a good one...Darren
Darren,

I think the fact that you actually wear a Cinderalla shirt may be on par with me having bought a Rosemary Clooney SACD last week. They are both kinda silly, but hey, if you like the tunes, go for it. This is America! It is our given right (indeed, almost an obligation) to indulge in trash.

And yeah, I bought the "Shot in the Dark" single when I was 12 years old. Definately not afraid to admit that. Although it begins to sound like I'm writing off the whole hair-band thing, you can be damn sure that Motley Crue, Hanoi Rocks, Guns 'n Roses, and a few others get a doctor's note. It was not *all* bad.

Take it slow and happy listening,
Jake

BTW, I agree that it is easier (at least for me) to debate in this forum rather than the others. To some people around here, if you cannot tell the difference between a KT88 and an EL34, you're pond scum.
Saw Crue 5 times this year. Musically, the best show was Hartford. Visually, 1st row at Madison Square Garden. Actually bought the tickets through the fan club, included meeting the band etc. They spent over an hour with us. Excellent time.....

BTW....LONG LIVE RAZZLE!!!! ROCK ON
More to discover