Would an Audiofile really download music?

Would anyone here really admit it? If so for what reasons?
champtree
My system (Verity, Cary, ARC, Oracle, etc.) now accounts for less than 5% of my listening. 95% comes off the i-pod in the car, on the deck, etc. Lifestyle changes (wife and child) make extended trips to the listening room a rare event. Sadly, and happily, i tunes has supplied the bulk of my new music. You lose something, you gain something.
I've listened to a few samples of music. I'm not really sure that they reveal what the analog record would sound like.
I can get on the internet, get to Audiogon, and post. That's my extent to my internet savvy. Where do I find out about downloading? How do I go about doing it? What do I need?
Matchstikman, I don't download AND... I don't WANT too! I just wondered why someone would want a recording with half the information than a CD. Then listen to it on tinny speakers. My money is spent on LP's
There has been some good info here. Thanks all.

BTW Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?
Champtree, someone posted that they use downloads to quickly check out music they are not sure about. That would be what I would do; download a few things, see if I like it and then buy the CD somewhere. I don't know how much money I have blown on music that I ended up not liking, even after reading all the reviews and tasting some samples from Amazon. Can you say Wilco?