Joan Baez - Do I just not get it?

Hi,

I'm a relatively young music/audio guy (24). I recently bought a remaster LP of Joan Baez "In Concert" which I've heard is a great album, both musically and soundwise.

This is my first exposure to Joan Baez - and not meant to offend fans... But I could not make it past song two. Now I love singer/songwriter music, and certainly enjoy female vocals and acoustic guitar... but her voice! It is unlistenable! She uses so much vibrato and sounds like a sheep... baaaaaaa... Stevie nicks can at least get away with being a sheep because she has the rock music to keep the attention away... but joan Baez - How do you guys enjoy listening to this stuff? The vibrato is terrible!
goatwuss
>>Yeah you really have to hate this low inflation, great housing market, low mortgage rates, good stock market, and low consumer prices. Yup, it sucks or maybe you were thinking of France?<<

Maybe inlation has been low for a record amount of time, and yeah more people own houses then ever in the history of America, and yes mortgage rates have continued at record lows, the stock market keeps rising and not because of some dot com ponzi scheme like in the '90s, and yes consumer prices have taken a record drop. But, the state of the union still sucks compared to France, Germany, Italy, etc. We only have 5% unemployment, which is essentially full employment which means we all go to work. That sucks, at least in France they get to b**ch about the world while sipping coffee and waiting for the government to take care of all their needs. And in Italy young men are smart enough to stay home and let their mommies take care of them. And Germany, well so what if their economy is near collapse, just don't screw with the summer vacation. At least we have Air America to keep us informed about no matter how much everything is going well it really isn't.
Wc65mustang, it's not just France, it's the entire E.U.! "Bush Bashers" [regarding economic issues] should compare GDP, CPI, unemployment, worker productivity, projected economic growth, and taxes of the American and the E.U. economies. I'm a registered Republican, but I do not agree with many of the President's policies. But try to form opinions from facts not tainted by rabid emotions and political posturing. Far too often, BOTH parties engage in Machiavellian tactics!
>>At least we have Air America to keep us informed about no matter how much everything is going well it really isn't.<<

You bet and all 10 listeners depend on them for the truth.