What new music did you get for Christmas?

...I'm enjoying Mary Gauthier's "Mercy Now" at the moment. Highly recommended kind of like a 'dark' Lucinda Williams. Her first CD, "Filth and Fire" is great too. Got a handfull of other new music...I'll add to the thread as I listen to them.

Anyone else get new music they can recommend...?
jax2
One thing I will say about Aerial, even on the CD, the recording/mixing is excellent and her voice does sound great. I just prefer her more dramatic range from the albums I mentioned. This stuff all sounds pretty similar, cut-to-cut, and is very low-key and silky in comparison to her earlier stuff which reached out and grabbed you and didn't let go. With all the nature sampling in Aerial it kind of reminds me of watching grass grow. Even the mixes that start to hint at the old Kate, like "Sunset" go back to slow and even. Still, I've often find giving an album many plays I sometimes become more engaged by it...sometimes not. I think I just need to drop my expectations....We'll see.

Marco
Aerial is easily Kate Bush best album since Hounds Of Love-ok there's only been two but it a very strong return.
Z by My Morning Jacket on Vinyl. Excellent.

On CD:
Pernice Brothers, Discover a Lovelier You.
Blue Nile, High
System of a Down's "Mezmerize" on LP this album seems faster than the CD version I had. Especially B.Y.O.B.(Bring Your Own Bombs) "why do they always send the poor!"