Which Patricia Barber album floats yer boat?

As far as my knowledge is concerned and from all the reading that I do, “Blood on the tracks” by Bob Dylan is considered to be his best album by far. For Joni Mitchell it is “Blue”. What really amazes me is that there is no general consensus on which album of Patricia Barber is the best. Some prefer “Modern Cool”, some “Companion”, some think “Nightclub” is her best album! I think it is “Café Blue” Why? Cause the two tracks numbered 9 (Too Rich for my blood), and 11 (Nardis) strike a chord in me like no other songs of her. They have the energy which seem to ooze out from the system in spades.

Which album of Patricia Barber floats yer boat and why?
128x128quadophile
Cafe Blue. Ms. Barber is not a Dylan or a Mitchell but then who is. I enjoy her work for what SHE is doing.
[Playing her work on either LP or SACD also makes me feel like I have even better audio systems than I do, which seems to help me minimize all of the tweeking I try to do after playing so much of the poorly engineered stuff out there (whether LP, tape, or CD).]
Quadophile, sorry if my response came off too negative. You threw out a question "what album floats yer boat" and why? When you ask a direct question like this in a public forum, we can't expect only postive responses about questions of taste, musical or otherwise. I no doubt entertain musical pleasures that will cause others to wretch and run screaming from the room. That's ok, it would be a less interesting world if we all shared the same tastes.
Peace.
I have a pristine CD copy of "Modern Cool" that I'd like to trade for another recording from her catalog...perhaps "Cafe Blue".
My favorite is "Distortion of Love"
I can't articulate why,?atmospheric? all I can write is that this release still gets played completely through. The others very rarely, only choice cuts if so.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Verses". This was my first PB album and I was blown away even after many repeated listens. Its not easy to write good lyrics and slip in references that only a philosophy student (Phil. 101, of course) would recognize. From my understanding, this was her first album of her own compositions and she did a masterful job. Sure she may not be in the same league as Dylan or Mitchell, but I don't want to listen to Bobby D or Joni 24/7 (24/6 would be ok, but not 24/7).