Which Patricia Barber album floats yer boat?

As far as my knowledge is concerned and from all the reading that I do, “Blood on the tracks” by Bob Dylan is considered to be his best album by far. For Joni Mitchell it is “Blue”. What really amazes me is that there is no general consensus on which album of Patricia Barber is the best. Some prefer “Modern Cool”, some “Companion”, some think “Nightclub” is her best album! I think it is “Café Blue” Why? Cause the two tracks numbered 9 (Too Rich for my blood), and 11 (Nardis) strike a chord in me like no other songs of her. They have the energy which seem to ooze out from the system in spades.

Which album of Patricia Barber floats yer boat and why?
128x128quadophile
Vicks7,

Many have praised the musicians who accompany her in the band, she being the leader, if she was no good they would have surely left her and persued their careers elsewhere. Michael Arnopol the bass player is with her and playing since last 27 years or so. He once was lurking on Audiogon when I got a chance to ask him a few questions. He was kind enough to respond as well.
My favorite category of music is female jazz vocalists and
I enjoy Patricia Barber. Her voice is unique and she has
a terrific band. I only have 2 of her albums, Modern Cool
and my favorite because it's live, A Fortnight in France.
I'll be buying more, paricularly Split based on the posts.

Rick
It's a coin toss between Modern Cool and Companion. Her recordings are wonderful. I find that I can't listen to her for as long as say: Ella, Eva, Billy, Anita and the like. Her voice begins to rub me, plus she gets a tad over dramatic or overkill in the vocal. She plays a not too bad piano, certainly better than Krall. But who doesn't play better than Krall? I have all her cds, but quite a few dogs.

Modern Cool live? Man it has been awhile, I thought Companion was her live album.
I took all the songs I like (a lot) off of the four cd's I own and put them on my hard drive...that way I skip the strange stuff that I can't seem to get into.

I did the same thing with the Doors, now they had some strange songs...I love um though!

Dave