Opinions on Todd Rundgren fronting the New Cars?

Todd's a hero of mine. While he's certainly made some very strange ideas work in the past, I'm a bit nervous about this one. I understand a cd is out next Teusday with a tour to follow in the spring. Anyone know anything?
martykl
Egads,

Two parts The Cars
Two parts Utopia
One part The Tubes

Hopefully, the upside will be that The Cars won't be as deathly boring live as they were in their heyday.

Any chance for "White Punks On Dope", "Number 1 Lowest Common Denominator", and "Last Ride" as the encore?

Just joking, the guitar solos on those two Rundgren tunes are unbelievable live. While I at a wish list, toss in "Initiation".

todd too is a hero of mine. i have seen him/utopia over twenty five times dating back to 1979. i'm sure i will go see this thing they call cartopia. i think he'll pull it off. as i read at one time he is a chameleon.
Not trying to hijack but has anybody have any positive experience with remastered Rundgren on disc(older stuff before 77ish?).Wanted to pick up TODD and SOMETING?ANYTHING and a few others but haven't yet and was wondering if anyone had luck with a certain release?
Maybe i should of started another thread but heck i am tired and didn't get much sleep.....zzzzz

Rundgren with the cars eh......yeah i was a huge fan along time ago but haven't listened for a long time.How is he sounding(and writing) these days?