Queen on American Idol

Gotta love this, who could even come close to Freddie's range? I dont expect much but will be great to hear covers from my Idol of the 70's and 80's. Anyone following the show, predictions of who will perform what and who will excel? Katherine singing Love of my Life and Chris singing We will Rock you are my predicitions.
velo62
They did him a favour, could you imagine him being paraded around the malls of the US as the trophey boy for AI? He should now focus on a minor pot possesion bust, straighten his street cred and wash the stink of Idol off of him.
Velo62, you crack me up. You are correct though. Chris is simply too good and off mainstream to be an American Idol. Among the final four, he's the only one I'd spend money to hear. He'll do great if he can get a more engaging personality.
Id also spend money on a well produced Katherine Jazz cd. I saw her first audition when she sang God bless the child and was blown away. She needs to stay away from the Whitney, Celine, boring drone of today's power singers and focus on Ella, Nina, Billie or just be herself even though she is still young and has some maturing to do. Hopefully she will sign up with Blue note or some other label and not sell out on being the next " it brat " or a pop star. She is prettier and has a better voice than Diane Krall, she will go far if she makes the right choices.
Given that Fuel is his favorite group I could care less what he does. He'll make a great frontman for them though, he does have a great voice but terrible music taste. He should really thank Idol for making him sing different forms of music. I would also like to see Katerine do some Jazz she has a great voice and look!
Chris has the talent but I became bored with him. I myself favor Kat and Elliot. Elliot was so good last week. No winner will have control over any aspect of production so the CD will be mainstream. Still, I'd buy a CD by either of those 2.