Classic Records 200g Quiex Vinyl - Who's Next

Has anyone else bought this record? I bought it about a month ago, and frankly, I'm not impressed with the sound quality. It sounds dull. I can think of many words to describe "Who's Next", but dull was never one of them.
Roger Daltrey sounds like he's singing from my basement during "Baba O'Reilly". "Bargain" is a little better. The drums sound very one-dimensional, though. The guitars on "Love Ain't for Keeping" sound really nice, but "My Wife" is a disaster. It sounds terrible in every aspect. "Song is Over" sounds ok, but I feel like I have to keep turning the volume up just to hear what I know is in those grooves, but can't seem to find when I'm listening.
Side 2 is just more of the same. Dull and lifeless. Tell me something is wrong with my pressing, please!

Cheers.
tfkaudio
Haven't heard it, but I find a lot of Classics records sound dull and lifeless, like they tried to smooth the rough edges off the sound, and they tried to make it sound "richer" (i.e., boosted mid-bass).

The other possible source of problem is the effect of thick records on VTA. If possible, I avoid thick records. 180 gm and heavier records are such a misguided marketing ploy (screws up VTA, prone to dish warping, prone to poor pressing quality from incomplete "fill" of the grooves, etc.).
Tagyerit, first I should point out that anecdotal evidence suggests that that the "Bilbo" pressing is not the first British Track pressing of Who's Next. Most likely it is the second or third, going from the numbering in the dead wax. I compared it with the Classic reissue in the fall of last year. I was not comfortable in commenting, as I do not know if the pressing lent to me was from the first, flawed, bunch or later production. Both myself and the owner felt, hearing both pressings on each of our systems, that the "Bilbo" pressing was superior in all ways save for the surfaces, which were much quieter on the Classic, and a certain warmth or "give" in the mid-bass that made the Classic a bit richer, which one may prefer, or not. The "Bilbo" was far superior in dynamics and high frequency response and a bit clearer in midrange textures, with greater presence. Please do not misunderstand, the Classic is excellent and highly recommended. I believe that they are hamstrung from the get go by having to use thrirty plus year old tapes. When you take this into consideration, the job that they have done is phenomenal. Both do justice to Glyn Johns marvelous production.
viridian,
appreciate the more detailed account you just gave. I totally believe what you are reporting and responded w/ a wisecrack last night because, in believing, I am then in that good ol predicament of not (likely) ever getting that best pressing for my own listening. also, I knew zilch about the uk pressings, bilbo or otherwise before this. although normally I have the highest regard for all things bilbo.
it is rare that I get what I know to be an actual first pressing of uk stuff. with the cat stevens i bought, someone guided me based on island label design/colour et al and when I heard them it so blew away all others that i assumed it was the real deal. the old us pressings of who lps have always let me down but the only supposed early uk who i have are mono copies of the 1st 3 lps and they ain't great. but who knows if they were the real deal. its become too costly for me to keep chasing elusive uk early pressings after being let down a few times. (I've been sorely disappointed by beatle pressings I've bought also -have what i know is an early uk white album and it's no big thrill at all). as with all these things, another early pressing made another day or on a dif machine may be incredibly good. its a crap shoot to some degree. i also have the experience of disagreeing with many about the ccr repressings from a couple years back. people LOVE them, but my early fantasy blue labels blow em away simply by virtue of sounding FRESH/in your face. the added detail of the repressings costs too dearly to my ear by loosing that "immediate" sonic signature. anywho...i am surprised how many people are reporting here what sound like consistent let-downs w/ the classic pressings, as i usually am happy with them.
Tfkaudio, like some other folks here, I adjust VTA for every record. It makes a significant difference in my system. If a standard weight LP (120-150gr) sounds good on your system, then the VTA is probably set for that thickness LP. If you don't adjust (as you described), you'll likely hear materially rolled off and dull highs and lack of resolution through the midrange on a 200gr LP. Different cartridges are more and less sensitive to VTA changes. On my Walker Proscenium with Magic Diamond cartridge, the differences with even minor VTA adjustments are profound. Clearly, ymmv but it's something to check.
I was playing with the VTA today and it did make a difference. I was able to get Roger out of the basement, but he's still down the hallway. Unfortunately, the VPI Scoutmaster VTA adjustment is hard to fine tune. Makes me wish I had the JMW 10.5 or 12.5 arm, which has a really nice VTA mechanism.
If you start noticing sibilance, does that mean you've gone too high on the VTA?

Cheers.