Why so much music for sale?

Sorry, it is a slow day so I thought I'd start another one of those 'why so many XXXXX's for sale?' threads.

This has been a test, if this had been an actual thread you would have been entertained.

Carry on!
128x128jmcgrogan2
05-30-06: Blkadr
If as a child your parents had hung you upside down in a straight jacket in a closet in the dark with a transistor radio duct taped to each ear tuned to different stations after giving you LSD coolaid you would not be asking this question.
You too, huh?
Music is antique art. Like all art it is a luxury and its resale value goes up.

Hi end equipment, OTOH, is a necessity. So are Porsches & Mercedes.

So, in these dire times, people have to sell their music to finance these bare necessities...
ACTUALLY, I BOUGHT over 13 CD`S
THIS Holiday weekend.
11 Of them were from the
2 day sale at Circuit City,
$9.77 each! WOHO!
'cause I gotta sell my ceedees to finance my next audio equipment purchase. I only got Jacintha and Eva Cassidy stuff left. Priorities, man, priorities!
Old farts die. Plain and simple.
Billions of recordings have been made, and most sold over the hundred years of recorded music.
Old farts are the dudes with the BIG music collections.
They wind up either in a rummage sale, some then bought by scavengers who just want to resell them.. others by 'not quite dead' old farts who just gotta have that seventh copy of "Sons of the Pioneers" for luck..
Slowly they seep back into the system. And only a few wind up here or at eBay.
Eventually ALL the music collecting old farts will be dead. Except one, who has fifty billion recordings.
And when he dies... you will see even MORE recordings for sale.. but no-one to buy.
Everyone not-old fart will be using i-Pods.