First song to "Blow You Away"...

What was the first song that hit you between the eyes and took over your mind? Something that really put you into an altered state (without the drugs).

The first time I heard "Whole Lotta Love" in 1969 I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing. Jimmy Page's guitar grabbed me by the head and turned my brain into a Denver omlette.
128x128dawgbyte
double shot (of my baby's love) the swingin' medallions or peter rabbit by dj and the runaways.....can't recall which was first and second
I Am The Walrus - Beatles

Very tough time for me when I heard it on Boston radio as a kid and it made me think that there were others in worse shape than I was in at the time so I think that helped.

The opening chords haunt me to this day.
Melancholy Man by 'The Moody Blues'
Dont ask me why,but the first time I heard this just a few years ago, I was literally frozen with tingles up my spine to my brain.
I felt like running into the street and screaming like a madman..I 'am' serious.
I dont know why,it was never a hit for them or stuck out as one of their better songs,but it sure blew me away like no other song I have ever heard.
Now when I listen to it I think "was I psycho that day?"