What? No Norah Jones New CD Thread?

Well, how is it?
mattybumpkin
I loved her first cd and still listen to it on a regular basis. I especially like the covers of Cold Cold Heart and The Nearness of You, but all of it draws me into the music. I had more trouble connecting to her second cd. I did like the Tom Waites cover of I Always Take The Long Way Home. So far, I not been moved by her third effort. I agree that there seems to be a sameness to her song writing. I will listen some more, but so far it's a bit dissapointing.
John
All this time and I thouht I was alone in my reaction to her. It's interesting to hear I'm not. I love her voice, and some of her songs (I have her first 2 CDs). But to listen to an entire CD becomes boring. I believe it's the songs, and not her performing that causes this. I was waiting for a CD release of consistently good songs, but it doesn't sound like this is it.
I haven't heard it yet, but I'm curious enough to buy it while it's still on introductory sale for $9.99. I agree that her albums become boring after a few cuts. I would like to hear her "step out" a bit and change the tempo a bit.

Seems to me she is very talented, but is underutilizing her talent. I would love to hear her attempt at some rock tunes. How about doing something like Janis Joplin's "Piece of my Heart"! Now that would be interesting. Of course, maybe the reason she has not exhibited any range is because she doesn't have any. But I don't want to judge her until she proves it!

Obviously she is very successful. For someone to sell this many records and be played on this many radio stations playing this kind of music, it's pretty impressive. I wonder how it all came to pass.....

Enjoy,

TIC
Certainly not from me: B-O-R-I-N-G (including, I have no doubt, the de rigueur pristinely antiseptic studio sound). Kinda cute though I suppose, and that's usually enough for middle-aged male audiophiles when it comes to breathy young female vocalists...Oh well, as long as it helps finance Blue Note reissues of real jazz I guess I shouldn't complain...Enjoy away!
Let me say it, I'm a Norah Jones fan. I too would love a CD of other song writers songs. If you would like a little sample, listen to -Norah Jones-Live in New Orleans- DVD. At the end of the DVD, after the show, after the credits, she does the old Patti Page song-Tennessee Waltz. I would buy a CD if that was the only song on it.