Pat Metheny Fans, Great Suggestions Please ??

Hello,

I have Secret Story, We Live Here and Imaginary Day.

I know his styles vary from album to album, but I'm looking for some stuff that sounds great cranked-up or low-level, beautiful, involving and long-term (asking a lot)

The 30-60 second samples give a fraction of say, what a 14 minute song has, so it's kinda difficult to get a handle on the changing improvs.

I did like what I "managed" to hear from Pat Metheny Group with Mays, Egan and Gottlieb "San Lorenzo"
128x128rx8man
I would appreciate some advice. I need to know whether the LP version of Pat Metheny's music would be an improvement to the CD version in the ECM era. I am particularly interested in Secret Story, We Live Here and Offramp. If yes, I would be getting my first turntable very soon. Thanks in advance.
I owned Offramp, New Chatauqua (sp?), and Witchita Falls on both CD and vinyl. In all cases, the vinyl was superior, and by a pretty good margin. Much better dynamics.

All the ECM vinyl releases I have owned have been of exceptionally good quality.
Tvad - I agree with your assessment of ECM vinyl. That label is a credit to the recording industry. You don't have to spend mega-bucks for 180g vinyl or a hot stamper to hear good sound.
I have listed some near mint ECM vinyl for sale (because I've sold my analog set-up).