Sufjan Stevens, Come On Feel The Illinoise

This cd has found it's way into my cdp everyday this week. Seriously, I can't recall the last time an album has affected me like this.

Well recorded also.
timrhu
michigan is even better. much better, in fact.

the rest of his catalog disappoints in comparison.

interesting to read the liner notes: he thanks his local priest for letting him record some organ lines taken from the church organ. i want to say you can hear the train going by in the background of a track on michigan (as he recorded part of it in his apartment).

all said, SS is a genius. (if you like him, check out luke temple).
timrhu you might wanna check out the new Iron & Wine album if you haven't heard it yet. I'll have to go with Illinoise over Michigan though. I just dug up some old threads where just a few of us were trying to turn people onto this album well over 2 years ago.
gave my vinyl copy away - couldn't help but share it and turn on a fellow audiophile to sufjan, need to replace soon
the vinyl is spectacular

all sufjan's material is excellent
I believe I recall reading some of those threads but hadn't tried it. After hearing Sufjan's contribution to the Joni Mitchell I purchased the Illinoise cd. Others will follow soon.
Agreed. When I first heard "John Wayne Gacy" I had to listen to it 3 times, so taken was I with the melody and lyrics.

Sufjan is incredible, but not for everyone. Most folks I've given a sampling to did not like it. I think they are missing the boat, but to each his own.