Best re-issue LP's

I have bought about 15 Speakers Corner LP's and without comparing them to the originals I can't tell how they measure up.

One of the re-issues I bought was John Coltrane Love Supreme. I never liked the LP as both my wife and I thought the drums were mixed too hot and were overpowering.

I bought the original off of E-Bay and it smokes the re-issue. It is mixed as it should be and I now love the LP.

Please list your best sounding re-issues and worst sounding.

Worst -
John Coltrane Love Supreme SC

Best -
Nat King Cole After Midnight Pure Pleasure
Janos Starker Bach SC

To me these 2 sound so good, I can't imagine the originals sounding any better, but I'd like other opinions.
128x128glory
Ponnie,

I live in Destin, FL. 5 1/2 hours from you. Destin is a audio desert.

I have a killer system and only 60 LP's.

Please keep us record buyers informed when there is a show in your area.
Without a doubt any Jazz that Columbia re-issued after digitaly remastering them are inferior to the originals. I can't think of one that is better.
Hi Glory,
I lived in Ft. Walton Beach for over 4 years. You need to get in touch with Tom Tutay for some of your audio
needs. You most likely already know him. I didn't spend much time in Destin because we had 5 hurricanes in 4 years but in Ft. Walton beach there use to be a record store. Tom may have some insight. There are at least 4 thrift stores in FTWB which I scored there many times and then you have the flea markets on Rt. 198 headed towards
Pensacola. I hope it's still there. It's called the Barnyard. I scored many great jazz pieces out there. And there are several other places on Rt. 198 that sell LP's. I once picked up a dozen Opus3 Lp's in one store. When I got there in 1995 I had over 3000 Lp's. Now roughly about 4500 maybe more.
I purchase LP's from the places I mentioned like wdcdradio and ebay. I have a friend in Colorado that is a major record dealer. I normally trade copies of classical for jazz with him.
We don't have any shows here in Augusta, GA but Atlanta has at least 1 a year may a couple more. I'm not in that loop yet. I hate the traffic there. On Ebay check out Pappa Jazz in Columbia, South Carolina. And if you are in Tallahase on a given weekend check out the stores there. Almost every college town has record stores. Gainesville for sure and Jacksonville. Jacksonville has one of the biggest flea markets off I95 in the South East.
If you need to contact me via my personal email search for my audiogon name. I have some ads on there right now.
Happy Hunting