Music Recommendations

Most readitional classical music doesn't do it for me. I realy like work by James Horner, Danny elfman, etc. What other artists along this line of Classical Music would fit my tast? Are there other composers that are more dynamic ?
russb
Horner and Elfman are both film composers. I guess you should seek out movie soundtracks CDs that are classical in nature.

All of John William's scores are symphonic. There are quite of few compilation CD's out there taking the best from a lot of his movie scores. Some of the older ones were done back when he was the Director of the Boston Pops. There are also some non-film classical CDs composed by Williams. Some feature Yo Yo Ma.

Also check out Tan Dun for something with an Asian flavor.

There is a new CD with Joshua Bell and the Baltimore Symphony playing a concerto made from the Red Violin film score by John Corigliano. It is a live recording (and I was there).
Russ,

Yes some of the best modern classical is written for movies. It is often well recorded too....they got big money behind them, after all!

If you like dynamic then try Hans Zimmer 1 and Hans Zimmer 2 . Take the time to watch it all and you may find what you like.

Zimmer is famous but there are a lot of "ghost composers" behind this work but that is the music biz so Zimmer still deserves credit along with his old partner Rifkin for turning out much of the bombastic scores to many movies. The Media Ventures Facility is HUGE - it is now called Remote Control since Rifkin and Zimmer have parted ways (law suits etc.)

Thanks for the information, but I am looking for other composers that don't do movie soundtracks. I found one called the Pines of Rome. Anyother segestion would be nice.
Mussorgsky's 'Pictures at an Exhibition'
Berlioz's 'Symphnie Fantastique'
Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juliet' suites
Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances

BTW, I assume from 'traditional classical music' you mean stuff by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc. If so consider that this music barely scratches the surface of what is available. Knowing this would help you get more recommendations - the possibilities are vast. For example you indicate you want music that is "more dynamic". Have you ever heard Mahler? If not try his 1st Symphony. It's dynamic in spades!

FWIW, while you said you don't want movie tracks, I assume you have heard the music of Korngold and Elmer Bernstein. If not you should before you exclude it. It has its own legs without a movie.
Pines of Rome is Respighi, try his The Fountains of Rome or his The Birds. Give Vivaldi a chance maybe his Concerto d' Amore, But John Williams should not be overlooked.Give his Soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind or Star Wars (MFSL on Vinyl) a listen.