Music Recommendations

Most readitional classical music doesn't do it for me. I realy like work by James Horner, Danny elfman, etc. What other artists along this line of Classical Music would fit my tast? Are there other composers that are more dynamic ?
russb
Pines of Rome is Respighi, try his The Fountains of Rome or his The Birds. Give Vivaldi a chance maybe his Concerto d' Amore, But John Williams should not be overlooked.Give his Soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind or Star Wars (MFSL on Vinyl) a listen.
Thank for more recommendations. Yes I am looking towards
Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Mahler, Etc. I want to try new music. I just want classical to be dynamic and exciting more orchestra then solos.
One last thing I would like classical music with good bass, bass drums,etc. music that will grab you.
Borodin (get Polovetsian Dances first)
Mahler (watch out this can be painfully tearful stuff - rarely happy stuff)
Prokofiev
Shostakovitch (get the 5th first)
Wagner
Kachuturian
Handel (fireworks - Queen of Sheba
Emile Waldteufel (when The Seine used to freeze over - "The Skaters" I think it is called)
Bach (some of his fugues are awesome - feel it as well as hear it stuff)

I don't think you will find much modern work that is NOT done for movies....remember old classicall was the same...a lot was written for the stage and specific "events" (composers re-worked traditional "ditty's" and pub sing-a-long songs and marching tunes into their works.....much as is done today)

...classical is often filled with bombastic stuff after all this was a "rock concert" in those days loud and impressive!