Robert & Alison-Raising Sand

I just got this gem on vinyl the other day and i must say its fantastic. Quite the combo doing what they do best!

Anybody else had the chance to listen to this yet?
Opinions?

Cheers
mariasplunge
I think the recording is so rich and filled with harmonic complexity that most systems reproduce it as being a poor recording(which it's not). It's not the best recording by any means but, it ain't that bad. It reminds me of my Elvis Costello Allen Toussaint "The river in reverse" cd. I used to think this disc was poorly recorded but, after making some upgrades to the rig in the last 6 months it turns out to be a very good disc indeed. It seems that if recording are recorded with any weight or rich harmonics that most sysyems just can't resolve it out.
If anything, the CD is recorded a little hotter than I like. This is a common problem these days as engineers mix recordings to shine when compressed and played back on an iPods. I still think that the production is excellent with lots going on in the rhythm, tone and timing departments.
What is interesting is that noone has mentioned that T-Bone produced two other what I would call "Americana" efforts - O Brother and Cold Mountain. Both of these are favorites of mine and my guess is his work with Alison on these set the stage for Raising Sand. I love Raising Sand although I will admit there are a couple clunkers and the pace is slooooow. I find the production effort similar to ELH's Wrecking Ball in that the better your system the better it sounds. Hopefully someone will report on their concerts in Louisville, etc.
I've heard a number of cuts from this odd couple on the radio and felt it was elevator music at best. Early Robert Plant solo work was very strong IMO. The Pictures at Eleven EP is absolutely jaw dropping on vinyl. Although I like Bluegrass I've never been an AK fan - too overproduced for me.

Things change - I caught these two with the band that recorded the album on Soundstage recently and their performance was extremely intimate. The level of their musicianship is truly exceptional. If you’re not too jazzed by the album catch the performance as it will impart an entirely new perspective. If you do like the album the live concert will be something very special indeed.