Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily on LP...any good?

Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily was recently released by Mobile Fidelity as a 180 gram 45 rpm 3 lp set. I was wondering if anyone has listened to this pressing and how it compares to the CD or DVD A.
I'm a big Natalie Merchant fan and was just curious if this lp was worth buying.

calgarian
calgarian5355
Thanks for your feedback guys....It looks like I may have to order the LP version of Tigerlily. Gary, when I meet you at one of your meetings, I'll certainly take you up on your offer!

calgarian
Jax,

Maybe my memory is failing on the CJ trinity recording, but didn't the recording actually take pace in the hotel lobby they were staying at...the hum in the background was a window air conditioner.

Still sounds near-perfect though.
Fishboat - I think you've gone a killed a few too many brain cells, my friend. Here's the scoopon the original trinity session which was recorded in Toronto's Holy Church of the Trinity with a single microphone. The new version is also recorded in the same church which has amazing acoustic properties (the producer mentions it approaches the golden proportion at one point in the interview on the Revisited version). They use more than one mic in the new version. As I said, it stands on its own merits. Yes, the original is near-perfect, as you say.

Marco
My mind isn't what it used to be...in fact I'm not really sure it ever was what it used to be.

I'll have to look for the new version. If it's close to the first version then it'll go to my short-play list.

If NM & CJ works for you...have you had a listen to Bethany & Rufus 900 Miles? VERY nice.
If NM & CJ works for you...have you had a listen to Bethany & Rufus 900 Miles? VERY nice.

There aren't any motel rooms or air conditioners involved in that recording, are there? I try to skip the recordings with "HVAC Technician" credited in the liner notes.

Marco

PS Seriously, thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.