White Album, when's your last listen?

Okay, I have a vinyl copy purchased in 68 or 69 which of course was worn out long ago. Now I'm on my second cd copy after one of my daughters "borrowed" my first copy, and my grandson is listening to it now.
Well the other night I popped in the first cd and sat down to listen. When it finished I hit play again. The music truly is timeless. The next night I did the same with cd #2.
Absolutely wonderful stuff. The biggest surprise was on the song "I Will." My "BeatleSong" book says this was recorded by Paul and Ringo with Ringo on drums and backing vocal and Paul playing the rest. While listening I noticed Paul mimicking the bass line with "doo doo doo" in the right speaker. Impossible to guess how many times I've listened to this through speakers or headphones but never noticed this before, wow.
Think I'll try Sgt. Pepper next.
timrhu
After seeing this thread I broke out, and listened to The White Album yesterday and again last night.
The Beatles, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Mozart. I might toss Tchiakovsky in as well, I suppose.

Towards the less competitive, heavy metal/hard rock/grunge edge, I'd toss in Metallica, AC/DC Led Zep, and Nirvana, I suppose, but I would not put these in the same class as the others.

I'd say these are the artistic reference standards in various popular musical genres over the years that I am familiar with.
One of the many factors that make the Beatles great is the diversity and exploratory nature of their music. No two albums sound the same, particularly in the second more artistic half of their career. The White Album is the most in interesting from an artistic perspective, but it is not possible for me to say that any one album is "the best". White album is one of my favs for sure though for all the unique things that only it brings to the table.
went back last night for a listen...still groundbreaking and enjoyable....too back youngin's can't fully relate to back in the u.s.s.r. the way older folks do......a time capsule and satirical masterpiece, wrapped in a great beach boys parody.......the first time i heard it, i thought, holy cow, they've done it again. the rest of the lp is incredible as well.....i also agree that the the last beatles side ever recorded(abbey road)is the greatest of the great. talk about going out on top.
The white album is a great one, of course. Since it has not been mentioned yet, I recommend another listen to "A Hard Days Night" (the album not just the song) and not the old US Capitol release. This one needs a remaster but the rock music is great. I think Lennon sings and wrote most of it as he did for about all of their early albums before losing interest.