Amy Winehouse LP Sound Quality

I recently purchased the standard (US) version of Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" album on LP. The music is great, but the sound quality is really pretty bad. The CD, though far from perfect, sounds much better.
Has anyone heard the UK (import) version of the LP? Is it any better than the domestic version in terms of audio quality?
Thanks,
Mika
mwaller
The CD sounds fine. The LP sounds awful. And I love the music. It has nothing to do with AMy, Onhwy61. I just think people should save the $6 and go with the CD version on this one.
What label is the Winehouse LP? It was recorded at Daptone studio in Brooklyn as a live, direct to analog tape recording and all Daptone vinyl releases are pure analog recordings. I'm only familiar with the CD release, which to my ears, sounds fine, not great, but fine for what it is.
universal island records ltd a universal music company to be exact. still say after several listens music and sound are excellent.
This is a gritty cracked up dirty raunchy album and singer. The whole point is to take it back. Take 2 steps back from all of the progress and clarity in all audio aspects. Sit yourself in a dirty blues bar. Now listen to the album or cd.