Good Country recordings

Are there some out there, thanks for your help.
joeygrace321
I have to agree with Johny Cash recordings being among some of the best. I would also include Brooks and Dunn and Garth Brooks.
Johnny Cash "The Legend" 4 disk box set has fantastic sound quality throughout.

It covers all but his American Records years pretty well. The song selection and packaging is excellent to boot. I think anybody who has taken a liking to any of Cash's stuff over the years will cherish this set. I picked up a nice second hand copy for only $20 recently at the local music store...a steal! A 10/10 in all regards!

"You Can't Beat Jesus Christ" on this set might well make converts of some people in need and certainly had me singing along and tapping my foot. If I were Christian I'd probably go to church more often if they played stuff like this!

IS there any artist out there who can connect with the American common man better than Johnny Cash could?
Wow, you did get a good deal on that second hand boxed set. I am assuming that it was in good shape and plays well. Johny Cash certainly did seem to connect with American people through his music more than anyone.
Chatta, yes, it was in like-new condition. The store had two of them actually for that price. I thought it was too good to be true at first.

I suspect there is a glut of Johnny Cash stuff out there these days that affects the asking price. His stuff has been re-released in different packages umpteen times over the years.