Break in period for albums.?

okay, I've been a big B-52's for a long time, my favorite album being Good Stuff.

I bought Funplex when it came out on vinyl. it came with a CD as well.

the first two times I sat down to listen to it I couldn't listen to the whole album. I got bored and put on another album.

So I popped in the CD and played it for back ground music as I was cleaning the house. after listening to it as background music I found I really enjoy the album. how can sit down and listen to it all the way through enjoying it.

I've noticed this for a few other albums as well. I might not like them when I first sit down to listen but after letting them play as back ground music I will sit down and really enjoy the music.

Anyone else out there have this experience?

inquiring minds would like to know. Thank you.
elevenmg
If I sent down and listen to an album and just love it the first time I know I'll geat tired of it sooner. My all time faves are albums I liked just enough to listen to again.. and again until they became familiar.
Now that its been brought up. Except for Tchaikovsky (I grew up on him) its taken some back ground music playing before I've started to enjoy a lot of classical music.
>>I'd like to break in(to) many pieces 'Face Value' by Phil Collins<<

Probably would sell for a higher price than it does in original condition.

Truly one of the most hideous solo performers in rock music.
I have that experience often. A "so-so" reaction to the mood of the music, what it is trying to "be" or convey to the listener, etc. is either because I don't understand it (or "feel" it) at first and may take some repeated listening for me to appreciate its own (>possible<) special qualities. Some of my favorite recordings were one's that grew on me I think. It's exciting to me when I find something that I feel compelled to give a chance and then be rewarded later on.

I had that experience with Opeth's album Damnation. Somehow it flew right by head and I didn't give it a big chance the first time. Then I read some glowing reviews and tried it again. They are now one of my favorite bands.