ArkivMusic Cds any takers?

Im interested have any members of Audiogon purchased Cds from ArkivMusic and what they think? I see there prices are not cheap so I am wondering how they stack up to the original Cds there burnt from. Are they the same, better or less in the sound dept?
schipo
Drubin I stand corrected. The prices for the reissues are rather high with no booklet info at all. I just think why not just hunt down the original commercially pressed Cd for much less than Arkiv is charging, unless it is hopelessly unavailable?
Schipo, while I agree with you in the idea of hunting down the original CD pressing, there is something to be said for convenience and being able to get the CD you are looking for in a one stop shopping experience, which is what Arkiv offers. I have used them on more than one occassion to find something that was either new to me or a better version than I had. Is it worth a bit more to get it done, maybe, for me, getting the music comes first>
As I am still working my way through cleaning about an 800 LP gift collection, about half way there, CD's are not on my list of things to buy as a rule these days, but prior to this gift Arkiv was my favorite both for ease and accessiablity.
I agree. You can often find out-of-print stuff used on Amazon or eBay. But your question about the sound of the reissues still stands. Would be good to hear some opinions.
Uru975 first thank u for your input. Now can you clarify what your saying "or a better version than I had" what does this mean? Are we to believe, that Arkiv reissues are better then the original Cd at 17.00 bucks a pop. With no info or booklet compared to the original pressing? I am just curious about them and just wishing to see how many are using them for this purpose?
Heres the crux of my tread. I just purchased the BMG Rca original Korngold Sea Hawk cd on Amazon. This is not the Dolby surround but their first and now out of print. ArkivMusic wanted $14.00 not including shipping. I bought it on Amazon original with booklet for less than $8.00 total with shipping, it's used but hey it's a Cd and in excellent condition.