the SHM CD Experience

I'm up to 22 titles so far. Anyone else diving into these yet?.
jaybo
bottom line is $500 SACD player sounds better than $500 CD player, $1000 SACD player sounds better than $1000 CD player, $1500 SACD player sounds better than $1500 CD player, $2000 SACD player sounds better than $2000 CD player... and high resolution recordings sound better than low resolution compact disc

and like I said, due to super clear plastic on your compact disc, your player will be able to read maybe 0,03% more bits or 1% more bits, or even 0% more bits (assuming you have a good cd player that never had any problems with reading CDs).
...' and high resolution recordings sound better then low resolution compact discs'.....no argument there...my point is that your system is not good enough for your ears to be able to appreciate what is inherent on most cds...' assum ing you have a good cd player that never had any problems with reading cds'..i will assure you that my meitner cdsa-se is fully capable of extracting every nuance of information from any cd and rendering the sound very listenable and enjoyable...probably more so then your sacd player is able to do for sacds...
'i will assure you that my meitner cdsa-se is fully capable of extracting every nuance of information from any cd'

that's why SHM is useless, you will hear 0% more music (bits)
..i'm sorry you system is not good enough to allow you to hear what IS there..you truely would enjoy the added musicality...maybe some day you will have a system good enough to hear the difference..we here at audiogon and the other forums that you frequent sure hope you do anyway..good luck
Calloway, if you want better sounding recordings, SHM-CD won't do it for you as your cd player is 'fully capable of extracting every nuance of information from any cd' whether 16bits are pressed on normal plastic or super clear plastic your player will read them correctly, thus SHM-CD won't bring any improvement at all, maybe some users with cheapest $99 DVD players will benefit from super clear plastic, other than that sham-cd is useless, if you want better sounding recordings you have to look somewhere else...good luck