A look into classical

I have very little in classical music. The local library has a lot of classical cd's available. Rather than taking the hit & miss approach are there some suggestions for me to get my feet wet? I do like what I have: Mozart "A Little Nightmusic"...1812 Overture...Nutcracker.

The Mozart disc really floats my boat of the 3.
muncybob
If you are so inclined to spend the money for a subscription, Grammaphone magazine is a great resource. Each issue has a cd of a collection of recently released pieces. If you aren't sure you want a year's subscription go to Barnes and Noble and get the recent issue to familiarize yourself with it.
If you like that Mozart disc, then I can recommend you try:
1. Mozart Symphony #40, or better yet pick up from the library this double-cd set "Mozart - Symphonies 35-41. Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker"
2. Mozart Clarinet Concerto - Sabline Meyer, Claudio Abbado.
3. Beethoven Piano Concerto 1&2 and Piano Concerto 3&4 with Yefim Bronfman
4. Mendelssohn - violin concerto(pick this one up with Jascha Heifetz or Hilary Hahn as soloists)
5. Bach Violin Concertos. Readily available should be the ones with Hilary Hahn.
6. Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1
7. Saint-Saens Piano Concerto #2 - if you can find this with Bella Davidovich and Neeme Jarvi conducting, this is the one to get.
8. Paganini, Spohr violin concertos - Hilary Hahn

This should be sufficient enough to start and for you to see what you like. You have to start with something light and then make a natural progress into more modern classical music.
Lot of good suggestions above. If you favor one or more instruments, you might want to seek out compilation that offer different works by different composers based on that particular instrument that appeals to you. Soon you will have favorite musicians and composers. It's a big ocean out there, don't be afraid to just jump in!
Thanks for all the input! I wish I could get Pandora and the such at work. I'll try the internet suggestions at home when I have the time to "listen"...but, it's lunchtime for me so off to the library!