Hi-End for Black Metal?

Hello!

I am 33 and come from Russia. My passion is heavy music, namely Black Metal. I find it fascinating. I feel like a hermit because those friends of mine which are audiophiles do not like black metal. And those friends which like black metal (actually, play it even in bands!) couldn't care less about high quality audio gear.

Are there any people like me who own hi-fi/hi-end equipment to listen to heavy metal genres?
ironmine
Gawdbless,
another great one- Poppycock.
And who again mentioned sales? I lost you there.
I'm happy for you, that Black Metal is all you need to satisfy your intellectual needs. Really.
BTW, age has nothing to do with it, and I'm just 15 y/o.
Have no idea what to recommend - but I love the idea of a high end system for Black Metal!
Maril555,
The function of music is not to satisfy intellectual needs. It is a form of Art, its purpose is to appeal to your senses or emotions. Transcend the Reality. The meaning of Art is aesthetic, not intellectual. Black Metal does it. It's the music of the North. When I listen to it, I think of its grim gray landscapes covered with ice and snow, dark silent woods and immense cold spaces undisturbed by man, people who lived there in the past, the Norse mythology they believed, the dramatic life they led, the code of life they followed. The beauty of it all takes my breath away.
Ironmine- what you described in your last post is a perfect description of the band Agolloch. If you have not heard them, you owe it to yourself to do so.

By the way- without the intellect, there can be no aesthetic appreciation. They are not contradictory things, but synergistic. Leave to a Black Metal thread to evolve into a philospohical discussion- but one that has been covered very nicely by Aristotle, Kant and well...just about every philosopher since we first made marks on caves.