Nick Drake and others like him

Have enjoyed getting to know Nick Drakes music...was wondering if there are others from the same era in the same vein that I should hear... this was before my time!
issabre
I saw Tim Buckley live three times.None of his records come close to what he could do live.His singing was very improvisational.Jazzlike.While I think Nick Drake was talented,I wouldn't put him in the same league with Tim Buckley.
John Martyn-Solid Air
Iron & Wine-Woman King EP
Iron & Wine-Our Endless Numbered Days
Jose Gonzalez-In Our Nature AND Veneer
Similar to Nick Drake, but contemporary, would be Alexi Murdock. His album "Time Without Consequence" is excellent.
Jeeze, it took that long for someone to come up with Alexi Murdoch (spelled wrong in previous post). ABSOLUTELY!!! Time Without Consequence is a GREAT CD and sounds as if he's channeling Nick Drake. He's touring right now with a few new songs. I missed the show here but my friend caught it and said he was great. Lots of other good recommendations above, but Alexi would be at the very top of my list. If you like Drake, I'd bet you may also enjoy Ray La Montagne. Not the same,...much more impactful. The recent one isn't as good as the previous two... just a hunch that you'd enjoy his stuff. Another not yet mentioned that belongs on the list of looser references is Damien Rice.

Also check out the documentary film, "A Skin Too Few: The Days of Nick Drake" if you get a chance. It comes with the box set of his three albums, Fruit Tree, but you may be able to rent it separately. Very well done documentary on his life.