Top 5 Rock n Roll Vocalists

My 6 year old daughter posed this question. I thought it was great. She also said that she knew her favorites were not the best. Here are my choices, which are not necessarily my favorites:

No particular order:

Robert Plant
Freddie Mercury
Axl Rose
Janis Joplin
Paul Rodgers
jtinn
Roger Daltry

Robert Plant

Steve Tyler

Freddie Mercury

Ann Wilson

Next 5

Pat Benatar (probably the best "voice")

Paul Rogers

Burton Cummings

Mick Jagger

Grace Slick
The ability for a singer to produce a large variety of engaging musical sounds is really what I like hearing. I'd put the front vocalist for Yes, Beatles' Lennon & McCartney, both together and independently, Creedences' Fogerty strength and simplicity, Dylan's very involving and unique variety of vocal sounds, and Zep's Plant, minus the "sick bird syndrome" noise effects - screeching noises like a bird being strangled slowly to death. I felt it was over-used on too many live tracks, and to me, blurred or diluted Zep's great musical definition between their songs way too much.

Plant's new tracks with Cross sound very cool - much more relaxed and very musical.

There's so many - early Elton...huge musical variety and fabulous voicing. I saw him this year with Billy Joel and Elton was exceptionally good, even singing Joels' (they traded off back and forth) numbers solo.