McCartney Live?

I'll be going to see Paul McCartney live in FedEx Field in DC next week.

Having never attended a concert by any Beatle, I figure this is something I just need to do.

So my question is what should I expect? Does McCartney still got "it" live?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
McCartney for us was a absolute thrill to see live...Especially performances of early Beatles songs.
I was just checking out the set list for some of his concerts to date. Should be a fantastic concert.

I'm psyched to hear Mrs. Vanderbilt live with Paul on bass.
I saw him at Coachella back in April, and he was superb. I didn't know what to expect, but he did not disappoint. Lots of Beatles, Wings, and choice solo tracks. He can still hit all of the notes he sung in his twenties, and of course, he plays like a MF. Highly recommended.
My gut feel is that he would not tour anymore if he was not able to meet peoples high expectations. Everybody I talk to indicates he does just that.

I am not a fan of concerts in large outdoor stadiums generally. Haven't been to one like this in 30 years I would say after a bad experience at an outdoor Stones concert back then with over 100000 people in attendance.

But I suspect I"ll be happy I did it this time.

I know sound quality in M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore Ravens home field) is actually very good at football games. I'm optimistic that FedEx field will be similar for this event.