McCartney Live?

I'll be going to see Paul McCartney live in FedEx Field in DC next week.

Having never attended a concert by any Beatle, I figure this is something I just need to do.

So my question is what should I expect? Does McCartney still got "it" live?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
mapman, hey jude may be a 'toss off' but i remember seeing the fab four on tv(making their first appearance in front of an audience in about a year (which was forever when your a kid)playing it. even my parents and their friends and neighborhood kids (who where the must unhip people in the world) were glued to the tv, and by the end of the song, kids and adults alike were singing that refrain, even though they had never heard the song before....surreal(much like the ed sullivan show us debut)...and just another reason there won't be anyone like them..ever.
Yes, I think that clip is on the Beatles Anthology DVD set somewhere. I will likely break that out again for the first time in awhile after tomorrow.

I'll probably be "NA NA NA"ing along with everybody else there tomorrow.
You know, you guys are right. If you enjoy it, that's fantastic. However my personal criticism is that Sir Paul stopped growing as a musician in 1970. Although I love the Beatles, I see him as a has-been and a hack. It is a little sickening hear the hits one more friggin' time with NO improvisation or creative interpretation after all this time. That said, I LOVE the original versions! So, don't think I am a hater. I am just sick of the regurgitation of the product that had been over-digested 35 years ago. We are not talking about the Mass in B Minor here, it's still pop music (albeit arguably the best pop ever created). But hey, you guys enjoy it. I salute you.
"I see him as a has-been and a hack"

Definitely not a "hack" as I understand it.

Has been?

How many rock era music figures will be well known 100 years or so from now, like Bach, Beethoven or Mozart today?

I'd wager Paul McCartney will be one.