Your Favorite Traditional Ballad

I could only find a thread with "Power Ballads". I find myself drawn to more traditional ballads lately. Here are a few of my favorites:

1952 Vincent Black Lightening, Richard Thompson
The Ballad of the Runaway Horse, Emmylou Harris
Pretty much any of the traditionals as sung by Kate Rusby
Ballad of Copper Junction (a Journeyman's Lament), Jeffrey Foucault
Folklore (the entire album is outstanding...my favorite would have to be "The Outlaw Song"), 16 Horsepower

I respect how, with such an economy of words, a songwriter can engrave such deep and powerful stories that resonate and linger.

What are some of your favorites in traditional ballads?
jax2
Tom Dooley is a good one. Also "Long Black Veil" qualifies as a traditional ballad for sure. Joan Baez' recording from mid 60s used to make shivers go up and down my spine.

Marco- what I meant was that the total "performance" strikes an emotional chord w/in me. It can be the words, the melody, the playing, the singer's interpretation, or as in Jackson Browne's Before the Deluge, its all of the above, plus the ability of the lyric to evoke a period of my life that was transforming. Sure its not a traditional ballad, maybe more like an anthem of the times, but its one song that I cannot sing along w w/o getting very emotional.
Setting aside the argument of traditional vs modern, one of my favorites is:

Joni Mitchell "Urge for Going"

Tom Rush does an excellent cover of Urge for Going on the CD
No Regrets: The Very Best of Tom Rush

That CD also includes two other great "story songs"

"Joshua Gone Barbados"

"Galveston Flood"
It's not a good ballad unless someone gets killed, preferably by a jilted lover. Such as, Banks of the Ohio, Down in the Willow Garden, Rain and Snow, Knoxville Girl, Ballad of Omie Wise, etc.
Just a few more:

Waltzing's For Dreamers, From Galway to Graceland, and Walking on a Wire - AKA: The as yet un-nominated Richard Thompson trifecta
Hello, It's Me - Todd Rundgren
She Was The One - The dbs (Pete Holtzapple)
Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Neil Yolung

I'll also second TVZ on Pancho & Lefty and add Sittin 'Round Waitin' to Die