The great Soupy Sales died

In many ways , the performer who may have given me more enjoyment as a kid then anyone...completely irreverent and loveable at the same time
jaybo
So sad, I will never forget the sound of the voices of White Fang and Black Tooth. I laugh just thinking of it.
I too live in the Detroit metro area and grew up here and LOVED watching Soupy as a kid. Black Fang and White Tooth ("ruh-oh-ruh-a-roh"), the pie in the face, the oncoming train when he opened the door -- what fantastic memories! It really is sad for us Baby Boomers how our influential childhood figures and parents are dying off.

R.I.P. Soupy
I too was born and raised in Detroit and Soupy was a staple. For as conservative a time as the 50's and early 60's were, there was some far out children's fare on TV. Soupy, White Fang and Black Tooth were among those. I also remember a Saturday morning show that featured a black cat that played the violin. Anyone remember the show?
Bander, I don't remember that episode but I sure wish I had seen it or could see it now. Just seeing Soupy's expressive face and that big grin has always made my day.
http://www.tvacres.com/cats_puppets_midnight.htm

That's goes back further than Soupy. White Fang/Black Fang stuck, however my most primitive implant from early children's TV was also from the Andy Devine show: "Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy."