When will rap music be less mainstream?

First time I heard MC Hammer’s song many years ago, I like the rhythm and thought it is quite unique. After that, all kinds of rap music pop up. I never thought rap music would be mainstream for such a long time in US. If you look at the music award ceremonies, you will find it being flooded with rap music. Sometimes I am not even sure rap can be considered as song because you don’t sing but speak. Now you start to hear rap music in some other languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean that don’t sound good in rap format. It would be interesting to hear rap music in Italian.

Time will tell if a song is good or not. A song is good if somebody want to play it for their loved ones on the radio 20 years later. I can’t imagine someone will play a rap for their beloved one 20 years later. Just curious if any A’gon member keep any rap collection?

Besides rap, I also have a feeling that the music industry in general is getting cheesy now. American Idol show gets huge attention while lots of singers perform at the bar or hotel can easily sing better than the idols. The show also asked Barbara Streisand if she watched the show and who was her favorite idol. What do you expect her to answer? People said Justin Timberlake is very talented singer/songwriter. I know him because I saw lots of headshot of him on commercials and magazines, but can you name any popular/well known song from him?
yxlei
Bongofury.....BINGO you win,that's him,the one and only.He also ratted out one of his roadies to save his ass from going to prison.No ones perfect!!!!!!!!!(LOL)He is also one of the most respected musicians in the business regardless of his obvious misgivings.Evidently he doesn't like rap music and that's his choice,just as it is your choice to like it.
Poor Thomas was feeling lonely because no one was talking to him so I just stirred the pot up for him.I didn't want him choking on his rice.

Thomastrouble...I'm glad you have found a friend that shares your enthusiasm with rap music.Friends are a great thing to have.Have you bought any more equipment lately?You do know the new Absolute Sound's recommended systems are out,don't you?BTW,did you ever figure out how to connect your speaker cables to your amp?As you say,keep it real and peace out.
No, no. You hip hop, car jockeys need to learn what bass is supposed to sound like. Not that LF distortion noise almost every one of you are so proud of. THAT is what people are repulsed by. It's not the volume, it is the lack of sounding anything like music. Maybe there are some good tunes in there, but they keep getting drowned out by all of the parts rattling around on your rice rockets. Come back and give me a listen when you can reproduce a decent 20Hz tone without the car farts getting in the way. :-)
Tpreaves

We hip hop and electronica fans be simpletons. I just bypass the whole thing by simply adjusting the volume on my car stereo to 10. At home, I simply plug and unplug my headphones into my iPod. Everything else seems a waste of time between the enjoyment of music and gear. :0
Funny the way this whole string reads. To be honest, I would have expected the intellectual, well thought out and researched posts to come from the rock/classical camp. Instead, all I am seeing from this side is "two liners" and grossly ignorant statements with absolutely no substance. The ones with even less to say but with more word-count have ran off with their tails between their legs after they were confronted by a smidgeon of intelligence.

OK, hope this ruffles a few feathers (hehe).

Oh, by the way, HI FI Snob is having a party at his house on Saturday, no chicks though. I RSVPd suggesting that he label all his components with REALLY big price stickers (cables and all) to save his breath and to give him a little more time to swan around his pad listening to all the ass-kissing male guests complimenting him on his system, which was the whole point of throwing the party in the first place. Time to let your hair down, It's gonna be absolutely craaaaaaaaazy. Dress code - suit and tie.

OK, I admit it, not much work to do around here today so I thought I would throw a few more cats in among the pigeons for a bit of fun.