Modern Jazz Pianist recommendation

Hello folks, I am looking for modern jazz pianist. My favorates are Bob James and Joe Sample so any artist who plays like these two should be fine. thanks
ajackson1
>Bill Charlap - 'Somewhere, The Songs Of Leonard Bernstein'

I love that record!
I really enjoy Lynne Arriale. She's a little more straight jazz than Bob or Joe but her music is very accessible and melodic for the most part. Like all jazz musicians she has to throw in something a little harder to appreciate every now and then.
take a listen to Eliane Elias plays Bill Evans. It was absolutely wonderful.

enjoy
Bill Charlap is my favorite jazz pianist, especially his recordings under the Venus Label (Japanese) under the name "New York Trio".

But to be fair, Charlap does not play anything like Joe Sample or Bob James. He's mainstream jazz playing classics.
Bill Charlap recording at the Village Vanguard 2003 on Blue Note is simply spectacular. Harkens back to the days of Bill Evans,Bud Powell and Ahmad Jamal. Nope Jonsher is quite correct this ain't smooth jazz of Bob James or Joe Sample. This is pure jazz trio, the likes of which I have not heard in years. I can only say find it, buy it. You will have in your permanent rotation. Some video of him on You Tube worth viewing. If jazz trio is your bag, this is one of the best to come along in years. Highly recommended.