How to fix CD?

Okay, I take very good care of my CDs. Handle 'em like my LPs. But over the years, a few have somehow developed whatever makes them freak out and get stuck. Looking for suggestions/products to take a shot at repairing the glitches so they won't freeze up.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
jdmeyers77
If the CD experiences laser rot or has scratches, you can try to rip it into a computer and than burn a new copy from it. Ripping software does a much better job reading damaged CD due to its superior error correction capability. I had rescued a few in the past doing just that. It is worth a try.
I usually take them over to the sink and with just a dab of dishwashing liquid and using my hands and a little water give them a good cleaning just to remove some of the oils and grit over the yrs of handling. Then wipe gently with a very clean cotton cloth.
When I pop the CD, I can always spot the very small imperfection but it's not something that can be cleaned or wiped away. I was thinking instead about anything that maybe "fools" the player so it can read through/over it?

I'm using a very fine McIntosh CDP, by the way, that does a great job reading anything you throw at it.

I just seem to recall seeing once (Music Direct?) a product that claimed to fix a CDs blips.
Have you tried what member Sidssp mentioned ?

you can try to rip it into a computer and than burn a new copy from it.
I do something similar to Schipo - but I use pure soap and I blot dry them with Viva paper towels (recommended by Lloyd Walker).

If this fails, do as Sidssp recommends - rip them to your hard drive with EAC and burn a copy. I was given a CD of interesting Indian fusion and it was so beat up it must have taken EAC over an hour to read the disc and copy it. The resulting CD-R was great. Rescued.

Regards,