Van Halen or Van Hagar

What's your preference?

Me- Van Hagar.
128x128srwooten
Absolutely. In Houston, it would equal to the Lankford Grocery. Consistently good quality ingredients at a cheap price. Has a rabid following here in So Cal.
Van Halen w/ David Lee - great hard rock band with a sense of humor and a real front man

Van Halen w/ Sammy Haggar - pop band with easy listening ballads and a buffoon(although a ridiculously rich one).

1984 was the turning point musically, it's been all downhill from there.

I prefer Tommy's burger over In & Out. More meat, more flavor, more everything - especially the double chili cheese.

I've seen Eddie about a few times in the last few years. Last time was in Burbank, it was ~10am and he was going into a liquor store for smokes and a bottle. Looked like something the cat dragged in. Really sad to see him like that.
I've got Diver Down on the platter right now! Probably my favorite VH album.

I'm in the DLR camp, but did think 5150 was a great album (albeit with awful engineering and production). If it was well produced, I could forgive the front-man swap out (on that release only). It was all downhill from there.
Oh...a friend of mine writes for EW, and says 5150 is loaded with amazing material that will never see the light of day. Pity.