Fleetwood Mac

Best band ever?

Anyway, I've been listening to self title, Rumors, and Tusk repeatedly the past 2 years. Can anyone recommend the next step in Fleetwood fandom? I'm not a huge fan of live albums, but will venture in that direction if absolutely necessary, ie Johnny Cash.
buffheman
Okay, we've had the shout out for Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Lindsey Buckingham, and now Bob Welch.

So, to finish the cycle, I'll mention that Jeremy Spencer just released his first album, "Precious Little", in over 25 years. Amazingly enough, it's actually pretty good and worth checking out. FWIW, "Guitar Player" magazine called it (IIRC) the best comeback record in the last 30 years. Fleetwood Mac has certainly had some guitar talent move through the rotating door over the years, hasn't it?

Neil Heywood (a pretty fair player, himself) was the "offstage" guitar on the last tour and in the late '90s, when Buckingham quit, the band toured with a couple of stand-ins. If someone can identify those two, I think we'll have name checked anyone who ever strummed a chord for Fleetwood Mac.

Marty

At the end of the day, though, if forced to choose, I'd still take Lindsey Buckingham's catalog over that of anyone else (Beatles expressly included) mentioned in this thread. Just my preference - I love the tunes from a lot of these folks, but you can't beat the pickin' of LB and Fleetwood Mac.
The stand-ins were Billy Burnette and the great Rick Vito. Vito is a super player in his own right and a slide player extraordinaire. He has played with Bob Segar(slide on Like a Rock)Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne etc.
As a huge fan of the original Peter Green's FM I can say I appreciate almost every incarnation of the band. LB is a great guitarist in my book. Although he admits to being very primitive in his abilities, he knows how to get the best out of what he knows.
RW,

I knew someone would ID the final guitars and you're absolutely right about Vito - he can play.

As to Buckingham's "primative" admission; he wasn't using it to describe his playing abilities. For reasons of his own, LB has deliberately decided not to learn to read music. That is indeed primative in a sense, but don't confuse that with his technique, which is anything but.

Marty
My favorites were Kiln House, Black Magic Woman, and Mystery to Me. My ex-girlfriend got the first and college roommate got the last 2.
Mac- if you think that little scouser band are pop, then I want some of what you are taking.lol
Abba appeal to a very wide age group, even my very aged grandmother would get up on the table to dance when Mama Mia was being played.